Massage therapy have been one of the very effective, time-tested and natural contributors to great overall wellness; it is also known to cure aches & pains, muscle tensions and high levels of stress, which pregnant women experience. Yes, pregnancy massage or prenatal massage as it is commonly called has proven to be one of the very effective ways to treat some of the pregnancy-related discomforts. In addition to eliminating physical issues, it leaves you quiet and relaxed. So what are these massages all about? How effective are they? Can they be done at home? Just how different would it be from the regular massages? This is all you needed to know about prenatal massages: Deal
What is a Prenatal Therapeutic massage? Pregnancy, for a female, brings whole new things in her life, and along with it comes some not-so-pleasant items like back again aches, cramping legs, stress, mood swings and so on. To lessen these difficulties and choose a journey towards motherhood simple less challenging, prenatal or pregnancy deep massages are given. This therapeutic massage has been designed specifically for expectant mothers, and uses gentle massage strokes with specialized oils to give attention to general wellness, and relieve them from stress, anxiety and pains.
So why Prenatal Massage? Though the idea of massages have persisted for many centuries, this variety of massage is quite recent, and it is gaining reputation. Many pregnant women worldwide are embracing this restorative massage for the multiple benefits it offers.
The following are the various benefits associated with pregnant state massage:
– It will help your body release endorphins, that happen to be formed within the body to minimize pain naturally.
– Stress is a common feature during pregnancy, and these massages aid in significantly reducing stress; while reducing the stress bodily hormones, it also works on releasing feel-good hormones like serotonin.
– Prenatal therapeutic massage promotes good blood movement to the body thus, relieving edema and bulging in the legs and other areas of the body. The kneading action in the massage helps remove the water retention in pregnant women, which is a major catalyst for swelling.
– The massage therapy is a major mood-uplifter and stress-reliever. It helps keep anxiety and stress levels at bay. On top of that, gentle strokes on the abdomen relax the baby.
– If sleeplessness or pregnancy-related insomnia is a concern, fret not. This kind of massage permits good rest, which is essential for the body during the pregnancy term.
– One other major benefit is that, regular pregnancy massages put together the muscles for having a baby and increases overall flexibility of the joints.
Prenatal Massage therapy versus Generic Massages
Even though the results of both the massages are comforting and therapeutic, the techniques used for prenatal deep massages vary drastically and desires to be performed with maximum care. Unlike generic nature, prenatal massages involve, brighter, gentle and shorter cerebral vascular accidents in the abdomen, lower back and legs. The protection and comfort of the mother and baby are top priorities therefore, the massage uses less pressure and easy strokes to provide maximum benefits.